Here's a bunch of awesome (and free) stuff you can download. Some of it's hosted here on this website, and some of it isn't. There's also a links section, which isn't even necessarily a link to a downloadable file.
- VLC Media Player - VLC Media Player is awesome - it's open source, it can play ANYTHING, it can skip those annoying ads on DVDs, and it can run on pretty much any computer without having playback issues. It's also great at converting files.
- Firefox - Firefox is the best browser out there. It's as good as Chrome, but it's also open source!
- FileZilla - This FTP server is awesome for home servers. You can add videos, pictures, files, and music and access it from any device connected to your WiFi or network - all from a web browser!
- Mumble - It's free and open source, and it sounds better than any phone or voice communication service in existence.
- Steam - Steam is the most popular PC gaming suite in the world. It has more user accounts and users online that Xbox Live and Playstation Network combined! It's like Spotify or iTunes... but for video games.
- GOG Galaxy - GOG Galaxy deserves a close second to Steam, but it's very young and therefore hasn't gained as many users as Steam. GOG does what Steam does, but it also gives you your games with no DRM: you don't need to run Galaxy or even have an internet connection to access your games!
- LibreOffice - the genuinely awesome free and lightweight replacement for Microsoft Office. It's fast, free, and easy to use. It even reads Office documents!
- Dropbox - A magic folder that syncs anything in it to everything else you have Dropbox installed on.
- Google Drive - Like Dropbox, but it has more free space and integrates well with Google services. The only downside is, it's not 'nonpartisan' like Dropbox.
If this list gets any bigger, it might need to be offloaded to its own organized page!
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall - The creators of Oblivion and Skyrim have released an earlier game in the series for free.
- Team Fortress 2 - Nothing added here yet.
- Fistful of Frags - An amazing western first-person-shooter. Pass the whisky!
- League of Legends - The most popular game in the world. Control your champion and work with teammates to destroy the enemy Nexus.
- Path of Exile - If you liked Diablo 2, you'll love this. PoE is a third person RPG played by millions.
- Hearthstone - A popular multiplatform card game by Blizzard that runs on nearly every PC.
- War Thunder - An online WWII dogfighting simulator, similar to its spiritual predecessor, Wings of Prey.
- Spelunky - An innovative indie sidescroller.
- Quake Live - The revival of *the* classic hardcore first person shooter.
- Dwarf Fortress - A text-based, hardcore, retro, medieval city-building simulator.
- Cave Story - A beautiful classic Japanese platformer.
- FlightGear - A non-combat flight simulator. Use the mirrors rather than SourceForge to download.
- OpenTTD - An open-source clone of Transport Tycoon. It runs surprisingly well for how sharp it looks.
- Minetest - A promising, free, simple, and open-source clone of Minecraft.
Play console games on your computer.
- Project64 - Runs Nintendo 64 games on your computer.
- Buck Bunny - this multi-version movie is perfect for benchmarking and testing video playback!
- None! - Nothing added here yet.
The comments you see are not hosted by All American Computer, they are hosted by Facebook. All you need to interact, reply, or comment is a Facebook account. You can even interact as a page rather than your personal account!